Laser-cutting project guide for students & classes
Designing, making and selling a professional product is more accessible than ever before and can be an invaluable part of design education.
Below you can download a guide that will get you started structuring a course or project using Ponoko, and introduce you and your students to the exciting world of digital fabrication.
A Personal Factory project can:
• Introduce your students to digital fabrication
• Inspire them to think of innovative new products
• Expose them to every step of the design process
• Give them professional products for their portfolio
This guide will walk you through:
• The possibilities and limitations of laser-cutting
• Suggested materials to use for beginners
• Advice for keeping costs down
• Tips and tricks for creating problem-free designs
• Examples of actual project timeframes and outcomes