New Material Design Challenge: Official Rules & Guidelines
- The main component of your design must use 1 or more of the 3 new materials. Other material accents are welcome.
- You can submit multiple entries, but each entry must be a unique design. (Iterations of the same design disqualify all your entries).
- The main component of your design must be laser cut-able by Ponoko.
- You can use extras such as hooks, chains, clasps, pins, glue, screws, etc, etc (supplied and assembled by you).
- Designs may be as simple or as complex as you want.
How to Submit your Entry:
- Twitter – Tweet at @Ponoko with the photos of your design and include #ponokonewmaterials
- Facebook – Post photos of your design on our wall and include #ponokonewmaterials
- Instagram – Upload and tag your photos with – #ponokonewmaterials
First P1 for Free:
- Use the coupon code CYPAGA when placing your order to receive a free P1 of our new premium material.
15 July – Competition begins.
5 August – Place your order between Tuesday July 15th and Tuesday August 5th 2014 to take advantage of our standard making and shipping times.
19August – You can order as late as Tuesday August 19th 2014 but you will need to upgrade making and shipping speed for the order to ensure it gets in your hands by Friday August 22nd 2014.
24 August – Entries close at 10pm Pacific Daylight Time.
26 August – We’ll announce the best designs finalists and post them on our blog for voting.
1 September – Voting closes.
2 september– Winners announced.
How the winners are selected:
Ponoko will choose finalists based on the following criteria, in no particular order:
- Clarity and resolution of design.
- Presentation and photography.
- Interesting use of material(s).
- Attention to detail.
- Production feasibility.
- Market appeal.
- All entries must be submitted before 10pm PDT on August 24th, 2014.
- Ponoko will select the finalists and post them to our blog on August 26th, 2014.
- Readers will be presented with one product photo along with the finalist’s user handle.
- Readers will vote for their three favorite designs.
- Voting will take place on our blog between August 26th and September 1st.
- The finalist who receives the most votes from our readers will be declared the winner.
- Winners will be contacted through the social network from which they entered.
- Winners will be announced on our blog on or before September 2nd, 2014.
The Fine Print
1. Your entry must be uploaded to at least one of the three social networks listed and tagged “#ponokonewmaterials”.
2. Your entry must be uploaded by 24 August 2014 at 10pm Pacific Standard Time.
3. All U.S. federal, state, and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchases are necessary; void where prohibited by law.
4. Participants agree to abide by all decisions of Ponoko, which shall be final and binding with respect to all issues relating to this competition.
5. Prizes are not transferable and no cash alternative or prize substitution is available. Promotional vouchers redeemable until September 2nd, 2015. Promotional making voucher is good for Laser Cutting in the US & NZ, does not include metal laser cutting.
6. Winner agrees that prizes are being provided “as is”, and Ponoko makes no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the prize, including but not limited to its quality, condition, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
7. Ponoko is not responsible for problems including (but not limited to) damaged, incorrect, inaccurate, lost, delayed, or defective entries, or for injury or damage to any computer resulting from participation in this contest. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
8. Ponoko reserves the right to modify, cancel, postpone or end the competition at any time as necessary, at their sole discretion, or to disqualify any participant or winner, at their sole discretion, deemed to have cheated, destroyed, obstructed, or otherwise acted illegally or in bad faith in relation to this competition.
9. By submitting an entry and entering this competition, you represent and warrant that: you are over the age of 18, or entering with the knowledge and permission of your parent or guardian (subject to verification), and that the entry does not contain or incorporate the intellectual property and/or confidential information of any third party.
10. By submitting an entry and entering this competition, you hereby grant Ponoko a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, worldwide, royalty free right to publish and distribute your entry for their promotional purposes.
11. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the State of Delaware and any applicable laws and regulations of the United States.