This month, we’ve added three new premium wood veneers to our materials catalogue. To celebrate, we’re throwing a design challenge with $2,500+ in prizes up for grabs!
Using one of our new premium materials, design a product that flaunts your creative brilliance and showcases the quality of our new premium materials.
Left to right: 3.5mm Maple, Cherry & Walnut Veneer. Click here to enlarge.
These high quality veneers have a wood laminate on each side which is sanded smooth and finished with a clear coat. The premium appearance makes these materials ideal for jewelry, coasters, clocks, or other high end products.
How to Enter:
Step 1 – Make with a Free P1:
- Place an order with your Personal Factory using one or more of our new premium materials. To give you a leg up, your first P1 is on us.
Step 2 – Submit:
- Take some great photos of your creation and share them with us on Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram before 10pm PDT on August 24, 2014. Use the hashtag #ponokonewmaterials to make your entry official.
Step 3 – Vote:
- We will select the top sumbissions and post them on our blog for the community to vote; then it’s up to you to tell your friends and family to head over to our blog so they can vote for you!
Check out the design challenge rules & guidelines for all of the competition details.
The Prizes: (Over $2,500 up for grabs!)
- Grand Prize – $600 worth of making with your Personal Factory + free Prime for one year ($1,068 value.)
- 2nd Place – $450 worth of making with your Personal Factory + free Prime for one year ($918 value.)
- 3rd Place – $300 worth of making with your Personal Factory + free Prime for 6 months ($434 value.)
How Voting Works:
Ponoko will select the finalists and post them to our blog on August 26th, 2014. Readers with vote for their favorites on our blog between August 26th and September 1st.
All winners will be announced via the blog on August 26th, 2014.
Finalists will be selected using the following criteria, in no particular order:
- Clarity and resolution of design.
- Presentation and photography.
- Interesting use of material(s).
- Attention to detail.
- Production feasibility.
- Market appeal.
Again, be sure to check out all of the competition rules and guidelines before submitting, and good luck!