Ponoko is looking for a web developer to lead our technology road map.
This is a great opportunity for a web developer to take ownership of Ponoko’s technology and work in a creative and challenging environment.
You’ll be the lead technologist, which means responsibility for delighting our customers with the most beautiful web experience possible.
Ponoko helps product designers to make beautiful things they can make money from. We’re one of the world’s leading companies in the online digital making industry, being the first to enable designers to both make and sell their product ideas online. We’ve featured in places like The New York Times, Forbes, Wired, Inc (cover story), Boing Boing, TechCrunch, CNet, PCWorld, MIT Technology Review, Makezine, BBC News, TV1, TV3, The NZ Herald and The Dominion Post.
We’re open to applicants in the SF Bay Area (US) and New Zealand only. Preference given to applicants in Wellington, NZ.
• Lead all things tech – recommend and implement software and infrastructure solutions.
• Web product software development, testing and maintenance.
• Manage suppliers of web hosting and OS services.
• Experience developing with Ruby on Rails in an agile, design and metrics led team.
• Experience developing, managing and monitoring web, application and database performance and resolving all technical problems.
• Experience managing suppliers of infrastructure and OS services.
• On-call availability.
• Ability to effectively set and manage priorities, and communicate with both technical and non-technical people.
Other qualifications we love but don’t require:
• Experience writing automated tests.
• You’ve made things using digital technologies like laser cutters and 3D printers.
• Leadership – drive the future of Ponoko and the global maker movement.
• Market salary.
• Unlimited paid time off.
• Employee rates for making your own stuff.
This role is full time, but may be part time for the right person.
Send your resume to derek-at-ponoko.com.