Entries due 13 April 2011
Design any spring-themed product for digital making with your Personal Factory, and you could win a deluxe Egg-Bot Kit from Evil Mad Science (just in time for some robotically decorated Easter eggs) + free making from Ponoko.
You can even use electronics in your design.
- • Grand prize winner will receive 1 deluxe Egg-Bot Kit from Evil Mad Science, a $220 value + $100 digital making voucher from Ponoko
- • 1st place winner will receive a $50 digital making voucher from Ponoko
- • 2nd place winner will receive $25 digital making voucher from Ponoko
- • It must be possible to create the main component(s) of your design with Ponoko Personal Factory.
- • You can only use the materials available in the Ponoko US materials catalog and Ponoko NZ materials catalog.
- • You may use extra components (supplied and assembled by you) as long as the main component(s) of your design is created with Personal Factory.
- • You may submit multiple entries, but each entry must be a unique design. Please do not submit iterations of the same design.
How to enter:
Log in to your Personal Factory
and upload the following elements into your Showroom:
- Product design files
- Photos/images representing the final product
- Up to 200 words describing your idea
- Enter the tag “springtime”
New to Ponoko and digital making?
Find out how to turn your design ideas into real things and open a free Personal Factory account.
Need some help with your design?
• Check out our helpful How-To guides
• Register for an online training session
• Find tutorials on the blog
• Watch demos on our video channel
• Ask a question on the forum
• Get in touch with Ponoko directly
• Entries due 13 April 2011 at 10pm Pacific Standard Time
• Entries will be judged by the folks at Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories and one of Ponoko’s own digital making gurus
- • originality and creativity of design in relation to the Spring Time theme
- • clarity and resolution of design
- • production feasibility
- • presentation of design such as renderings and product photography*
* Although you are not required to make and assemble your design in order to enter this competition, doing so will better demonstrate our judging criteria.
See official rules for all the fine print.