summertime craft shows & sales
• SoWa Open Market — every Sunday from May through October 2010; Boston, Massachusetts
Located in the South End neighborhood, this market offers something different every Sunday of the summer.
• Mashpee Open Market — Saturdays 3 July–14 August 2010; Mashpee, Massachusetts
The Mashpee Open Market, now in its 4th season, offers artisan made goods, fine art, and fresh produce!
MORE MORE MORE after the jump.
• Block Party Indie Craft Show — 10 July 2010; Santa Ana, California
Buy handmade from over 70 vendors at Handmade Brigade of Orange County’s Block Party.
• Urban Craft Uprising — 10+11 July 2010; Seattle, Washington
Seattle’s larget indie craft fair.
• Artscape — 16-18 July 2010; Baltimore, Maryland
This weekend festival includes musical performances, visual arts, an artists’ market, plus three specialty exhibitions. The Betascape Exhibition will showcase Baltimore’s techie side with demonstrations and DIY projects from the Baltimore Node, Harford Hackerspace, Innovative Baltimore, and reps from Johns Hopkins University Digital Media Center and Robot Fest.
• Robotics Expo and Mini Maker Faire — 17 July 2010; Denver, Colorado
There really wasn’t a picture for this one.
• Indie Mart Design & DIY Festival — 18 July 2010; San Francisco, California
Indie Mart celebrated its 3 year anniversary last month; come out and party with underground farmers, screen printers, beer & BBQ.
• Super Duper Itsy Bitsy Handmade Fair — 18 July 2010; Blackpool, UK
35 stalls of handmade products made by creative people from all over the North West of England.
• Renegade Craft Fair L.A. — 25+25 July 2010; Los Angeles, California
Check out over 200 crafter/makers, doers and shakers at this LA show. P.S. Don’t skip out on Renegade Handmade’s blog which just posted photos of what various alcohols look like under a microscope.
• Renegade Craft Fair S.F. — 31 July + 1 August 2010; San Francisco, California
Another 200+ artists including previously mentioned designers Archicraft, Brookadelphia, Early Jewerly, Molly M, Orange Slice, and Petit Collage.
• Detroit Maker Faire — 21 July + 1 August 2010; Detroit, Michigan
• American Craft Council Show — 13–15 August 2010; San Francisco, California
The ACC Shows have been dominated by (a bit too) long established makers, time for a 21st century influx!
• Alamo Square Indie Mart — 21 August 2010; San Francisco, California
Indie Mart merges with the Alamo Square Flea Market for a DIY and vintage double whammy.
+ several events picked up over at Craft: Calendar